Wednesday 25 April 2018

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #464

Morning all. Have only just realised it's Wednesday, and time for another deskhop courtesy of The Stamping Ground. Check it out for more details!


OK, desk still littered from bits n bobs from yesterday's craft class. I usually try to sort it all in the afternoon but I was so knackered yesterday I went to bed so it's still all here.. Getting old I guess!

For some reason I decided we would try image transfers - not my most inspired choice of technique to demo I must admit. But, they gave it a go, and three of the ladies used theirs on a card. But I got the distinct impression they would rather not do it again!! You can see my original sample back centre and a couple of others I did that need to be made up into cards. AFTER I've unpacked the rest of the bags.

So that's that. Have a good Wednesday!!
Cindy




10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Cindy, how funny that you're the second desker to mention image transfers today. I've given it a few goes, but it is very hit and miss at times. Your examples look great. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Caz said...

Never did properly get the hang of image transfers - very hit and miss....yours look like they would make lovely cards or journal pages though
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, you may not have enjoyed the process very much but the results are beautiful, very vintage. I have no idea what you transfer to what, lol! #papercraftingnewbie :-D
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

My ladies are always polite, but I can generally tell which techniques/card designs/colour schemes have been well received (or not!) by which members of the class! Looks like it worked well.

Fiona #11

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I have to admit as well that the results are super. It's a great technique which i've always found so rewarding especially when using family images but I must confess it's not always worked for me. Thank you for sharing WOYWW, wishing you much creativity Tracey #10

Helen said...

I've never really got to grips with image transfers (still blaming my lack of a printer!) but liking the look of what's on your desk. Old? nah!! Helen '#4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I think these techniques are a bit hit and miss but I do go back to them occasionally, been trying some with the Gelli plate this week but need more practice. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x28x

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit, two more boxes have gone (it's a killer) but I've had to stop the clearing - more stash has arrived, more space to fill .....
Don't be disheartened by the responses to your techniques, at least you got to play with them!
have a good week
Christine #07

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I'm a sucker for image transfers - I get excited just reading about them! If I discover a new technique, I can't sleep until I've tried it, LOL! Looks like you've achieved some great results! I love that distressed feel - it always adds a bit of grunge to the projects. Thanks so much for your visit yesterday. Have a nice weekend! zsuzsa #12

Kyla said...

Like you (and others) I find them a bit hit and miss, great technique but I also struggle to find an image I want to use!
Thanks for visiting my desk already this week
kyla

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...