Friday 10 January 2014

Tags of 2014 - January

hmmmm. Tim’s tag is here. I didn’t think I could CASE this tag, I don’t have the die or the embossing folder to make the main element. It is however themed about TIME. So what exactly have we got this month?

Distress bg.Stencilling. Rub ons (scuffed). Metal tape on grungeboard. Die Cutting. Embossing. Lots of detail!! ‘Time’ to get my thinking cap on.IMG_0997[1]

Basic b/ g pretty simple, but although I found a mahoosive stash of rub ons I had completely forgotten about none of them were suitable. Then I came across (yes, it really is a bit of an aladdin’s cave in here) a set of alpha decals (well I suppose they are technically rub ons) and tried them out. They were soooo old I wasn’t sure about ‘scuffing’ them up - but it worked OK, maybe more a patchy end result than scuffed but a neat effect – me likey Tim, thanks for that idea!.

IMG_0999[1]I decided to try and make a pocket watch even though I don’t have the die. I don’t have a small cog or clock embossing folder either so I used this charm and put it through the cuttlebug with some metal. Kinda worked. Here are all the bits after painting and ‘stressing’'’ as my mum calls it. IMG_0998[1]

 

 

 

 IMG_1001[1]

The cogs I have are all a bit big for this project but I did stick some real watch bits on later – can hardly see them though. I really like the idea of cutting the ideaology chit chat stickers at the end to look like a flag – a typical little detail I wouldn’t have thought of but makes all the difference. Which is why it is so useful tagging along with Tim.

Anyhoo, these are my finished tags for January, hope you like.

(And if you do like tags Tim’s style check out my January Art Draw!!)

7 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great take on Tim's tags! I've never tried his tags, thinking it would frustrate me to pieces not having the majority of the stuff he uses, yet you show that it can be done and done well. Great job!

sally said...

Nice tags for this month Cindy!

Sally

chrissie said...

What a great job you made of these tags Cindy.

Love Chrissie x

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous, also love your stressed clocks...

Sandy said...

I love your tags. I think to use Tim's ideas as a jumping off point and then doing your own thing is fun. I certainly can't have all the stuff he uses and find my style is quite different but I am going to do his 12 tags this year and see where the adventure takes me!!
Sandy

Sherry said...

Great job Cindy. Can't believe you made that fob watch without the die - well, I can, but you know what I mean - lol! I've just been looking at Tim's one myself and thinking I might have a go again - haven't done them for a couple of years. I haven't got a lot of the materials, but have been inspired by yours!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy. Wonderful tags!!! I must get the pocket watch die. Karen.x wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...