Monday 1 July 2013

'HOLIDAYS' for Crafty Card Makers

digital design
'Holidays' is the theme for the current challenge at Crafty Card Makers. When thinking what I was going to do as my DT entry all that kept coming to mind was that I had a million and a half holiday photos to scrap!! So finally I gave in and decided to do a scrapbook LO of a few days away with my mum and sister last year. I've had the idea of this layout in my head for a while (I really like the main photo, it's quirky) and so I used Craft Artist 2 to design my page and print the small 'fuzzy' edged photos onto the backing paper. 

I printed out the elements separately, fussy cutting the small items and then made it up into a dimensional page, mounting it onto a bit of Kraft  card to give it a border. It will go into a box frame in due course to be displayed but I haven't been able to get out and pick one up yet so here is the hand finished page


Hand finished  project
I'm not sure if you'll be able to read the journaling but these are a few photos I took when we went to visit the local beach. Now, bearing in mind that my 80 year old mum can't walk to the end of the road without her walker, being beside the seaside seemed to rejuvenate her completely and she was down the steps like a five year old, whipping off her shoes and going for a paddle. If we'd had a bucket and spade I'm sure she'd have been making sandcastles. It was a struggle to get her to come away! I found this incredibly amusing and quite heart warming, a very special memory.

So that's enough nonsense from me, what kind of project can the theme inspire you to make? A holiday you've already taken or one you're dreaming of? We'd love to see what you make of it so do pop on over to Crafty Card Makers and join in. We are sponsored for this challenge by 


so why not have a go? Just be sure to follow the theme!!

7 comments:

Viv said...

Sooper Dooper Cindy!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic journal page full of memories for you to cherish.
Yvonne x

chrissie said...

Terrific page it really made me smile Cindy

Love Chrissie x

Cards By MI said...

Love your fabby looking lo. We all should do more of those and what a fab way of being reminded of times spent with loved ones.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rossella said...

Lots of lovely memories and a really gorgeous page
Rosie x

Suze Bain said...

What a lovely layout (and story) Cindy. The pics are fab. Xx

Josephine said...

What a fabulous memory - love the design too!

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...