Tuesday 30 April 2013

Hearts and Swirls

is the current challenge at Out of A hat Creations.

OOOH yes. I thought, I could make a little heart for my friend's birthday, she loves them. So I dug out a papier mache heart and painted it pink. Then stopped and couldn't think what else to do.
For like three days.

Dug around for some woodware chippie swirls and found one that had already been embossed and painted. Liked the look of the two together and brought them closer with some frantage, stamping and metallic rub ons. Needed something else and luckily my new Spellbinders Media Mixage Heart die arrived so I cut out another chipboard shape, inked, stamped 'friendship' and triple embossed.
Me likey.
(Took much longer thinking what to do than doing, as is so often the case).

Me not likey the photo as much, it's better IRL honest. And I'm sorry about the stamp you can see which I had propping it up. Ooops.
But I am not about to do it again as blogger has had another wobble and now won't recognise the one folder where all my art stuff is. So I have had to figure out another way to get pictures uploaded. Grrrrrrrr. I strongly suspect it is because my windows software seemed to upgrade itself today .... oh why do they have to keep changing things? It's only when they 'improve' things that everything goes wrong!!! Off to watch telly!!

(Just noticed it's pink and blueish again - getting stuck in a rut!!)

7 comments:

chrissie said...

This is terrific Cindy and just right for our challenge at the Hatters. Always great to have you join in

Seems like Blogger is being a bit of a pest for a few people at the moment so let's hope it gets sorted soon

Love Chrissie xx

Netty said...

Your friend will love this beautiful heart, xx

Meggymay said...

Looks fantastic Cindy, your friend will love it.
Yvonne x

Words and Pictures said...

What a great make... love the pretty pink, and great textures. I bet your friend will love it!
Alison x

Rossella said...

Hi Cindy, this is beautiful, you have a very lucky friend,
Rosie x

Sandra's Spot said...

Beautiful Cindy a great pressy for your friend. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Janet said...

Hi Cindy,
Terrific heart, I'm sure your friend will love it,great to have you join the Hatters this week.
( I know only to well, about blogger & photos this week, think mine is sorted now )
I got my charms from Von today,love yours thank you
Janet x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...