Monday 27 August 2012

Beach Huts

I made this card for my best friend who has a findness for beach huts - in  fact when I saw this Michael Powell stamp a couple of months ago I bought it with her in mind.


The stepper effect was a bit of a challenge (as ever) so after a couple of attempts I decided to go with the Debbi Moore school of card making - I was watching her the other day and she said   'I never measure' . So abandoning the wonky ones I just did it by eye - and voila it worked. Not sure it would help with the boxmaking though.

Backing paper is Crafty Individuals, colouring - promarkers.

Bye for now, Cindy
 

6 comments:

Christina said...

Looks really wonderful Cindy!
Hugs Kristel

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...fabulous card Cindy, I loVe these quirky beach huts, they look awesome...Mel :)

Redanne said...

Hi Cindy, I had a bit of a giggle over the 'no measure' route you took - mine always turn out wonky too. This one is beautiful, I have got loads of use from my MP beach huts too but not like this - love how you have arranged them all, the gorgeous colours and the lovely centrepiece. A x

PS - have you seen his Christmas stamps yet, they are wonderful too and inspired me to start making mine.

annesyme said...

Fantastic card Cindy. I love that stamp, come to think of it I'm sure I have it somewhere. lol!
Anne x

Angy B said...

Brilliant card Cindy. Lovely layout and colours. I too usually use the 'No measure' method when making steppers, purely because they always work better that way for me too. LOL. I haven't got the beach huts stamps but do have the lighthouse and harbour ones. You have done a fanastic job with them. Really feel I must get the beach huts now. Angy xx

chrissie said...

Wonderful stamps and colouring to make this terrific card.

Love Chrissie xx

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...