Sunday 5 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas begins.....

Of course I am talking about the wonderful Tim Holtz and his wonderful 12 tags of Christmas. Each day he posts a different christmas tag for your delight and inspiration. Obviously he is showcasing his products but there are still plenty of ideas and techniques that you can adapt and play around with. As I said I have wanted to do this before but never had time.... but this year it is going to happen!!


I am already behind (of course) but have finished days 1-3 and started on days 4 and 5 so not bad going for me!!


Day 1 - well, I read through the instructions and my heart sank a bit, grumpily thinking I don't have this stuff.... then after a stern talking to I started to have ideas. I may not have the folder or die to make the house, but I do have grungepaper, an embossing tool and a craft knife - might take a bit longer but not much!! I didn't have a spare holly wreath knocking about either so I stamped some leafy branches and used the leaves to make a wreath. I found one little ticket that someone had given to me, wrote the '25' and coloured it in and stamped Happy Christmas over the top. Could have made a picket fence too but decided I liked it as it was. Job done.


Day 2 - OK, this tag is mainly stamping but without having the same stamps that Tim uses it is hard to get the same 'look'. The main technique that Tim shows here is how to create a custom ink pad, but as I don't have any of the re-inkers in the right colours to do this for my stamps I just went for stamping and colouring in. Not entirely happy with this one and the colours looked a right mish mash until I added the yellow and bronze ribbons which seemed to tie everything together.


Day 3 - Yay, something I have the bits for!! Well not entirely, I didn't have any of the tissue tape, so I stamped music and text onto ordinary tissue paper and stuck it onto my bird shape and used the rest to make my 'flower'. I especially loved the 'snowy' effect Tim created with a splatter stamp and acryllic paint. I don't have that exact stamp but used a different one. I re-sized and printed out a little vintage postcard image for one of the embellishments and used some green lace with a touch of red ribbon behind across the bottom. I think this is my favourite one so far, although looking at it now I think maybe the elements are a bit too regimented but too late now!! In fact I liked it so much that I used my experimental bits to make an atc.



Well, off to dust off the melt pot and have a play and then I must sit down and write out Christmas cards at some point today...

13 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun just love your take on Tims,tags,they are brilliant,hugs cheryl xxxx

Meggymay said...

Wow, Cindy they are all amazing, love your house on Day 1.

Cathy said...

cindy, they are wonderful!

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful Christmas tags!

Sherry said...

You're storming ahead now Cindy - they all look fab!! I really should stop looking at blogs and get one with mine - lol.

Netty said...

Terrific tags Cindy. Annette x

Createology said...

Your tags are lovely. As T!m says it is about inspiration and doing with what you have. Happy creating...

Unknown said...

beautiful .

Minxy said...

super tags, keep um coming

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Oh wow, lovely tags :D
Julie xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

All three tags are fabulous Cindy - I love your style, good luck catching up xxx

Artyjen said...

Hi! Three lovely tags...see you are having fun ;)
Thanks for sharing at the splinter group
xoxo Sioux

Fliss said...

Wow! Another newbie here.
Fabulous tags Cindy and I especially love the day 2 one as the Noel is just gorgeous.
x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...