Wednesday 1 July 2009

Oooh, I have been busy...

but this is all I've got to show for it!! I've been catching up on BRAKS, and birthday cards and a couple of items I can't show you yet as they are surprises... hate not having anything to upload to my blog!!



This is my entry for the current ATC swap over at MAMMA. The swap is called 'rummage sale' and you have to use a background technique, fabric, metal and a triangle!!

My background is a salted background that I made a while ago, the fabric is the body of the little 'doll'. She looked a bit lost, so I gave her a kind of crown made from a re-cycled tea light container (these are great for flowers by the way, the metal is very soft and easy to cut and shape) coloured with alcohol inks. The point bits of the crown are my triangles. I must have been conscious that the closing date for this swap is the 4th July, as I decided she looked a bit like a very famous statue and called her 'Liberty'.

Phew, at least that's one done. I'm always playing catch up.

4 comments:

Lille Diane said...

What a lovely piece! Very nice blog I'll be back.~~~

cheryl said...

wow what a stunning piece of art work hun this is just amazing I adore everything about it all my love cheryl xxxx

cheryl said...

Hi sweetie just quick message to say thanks for visiting my blog and to say Its fine I know how busy you must be,so please do not worry if you do not get the time to visit my blog I totally understand. with lots love cheryl xxxxx

melody said...

what a fabulous piece of art chickie! lovin all those elements ~ beautifully done

melody

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...