Friday 7 November 2008

Renaissance Ramblings....

Yippee!! Off tomorrow for the Southern DC meet in Horsham. Not sure how many of us there will be, but have got lots of ATCs to trade.

We have to take a challenge ATC with the theme of Renaissance and this is my offering called 'Renaissance collage' (imaginative).



The main image is courtesy of the flickr collage group and I have used it again on these two ATCs to show the difference between an image transfer done using inkjet and gesso and a transfer using packingtape and laser print. The lower picture is the gesso one and I was a bit too vigorous with my rubbing and lost the back if her head, hencethe embellishment with tiny beads. Nice save eh? I've also been trying out transpaseal transfers, with somewhat less success but not bad. Someone asked to see transfer techniques so I am taking a bunch of stuff to see if anyone wants to have a go. So, won't be around Saturday - Hopefully will post piccies of our crafting day in due course.


5 comments:

Viv said...

Oh these are fabulous! Was nearly half hoping that no one goes tomorrow then you can bring them all home and trade them!! LOL But even I'm not that cruel!
Have a great day and every time you trade one of these tell the person that I wanted it!

Creative Chaos said...

Georgeous ATC's , great artwork !!
Patti xx

Sian said...

These look great. I hope you enjoyed your day!

Mooneybeams said...

These are great - I'd love to know how you do the transfers. And especially the packing tape and p(???) one - whatever that is! Maybe you could post a how-to?? :)

Heather Robinson said...

These are absolutely beautiful. You've used colours that so represent this time period. There is a lovely elegance about each piece. Love your use of micrcobeads.

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...