Saturday 23 August 2008

MAMMA CHALLENGE - PLAYING CARDS


This week's challenge was playing cards so have been playing all week with an idea of using the cards to make an ATC 'house of cards' and at the last possible moment suddenly saw how it could all come together. I have to admit I do find weekly challenges quite daunting because it often takes me such a long time to decide what I am going to do!! However it is not a bad discipline to work within some constraints now and again.

Anyhow, these are the images for my 'entry' to the playing card swap and yes, they do all fit together and then unfold to make a little house. I suppose if I didn't make things so complicated it wouldn't take so long. Thing is, I didn't think that any of the finished cards stood up individually(no pun intended) but the whole thing together is OK.





My thinking went through all the different puns and sayings I could think of to do with cards but in the end I went for a sort of 'love triangle/camelot' theme and used the Jack, Queen, King and Joker to make the four walls of the house. Well, I get it even if noone else does!!

4 comments:

Viv said...

This was really beautiful Cindy...

Sherry said...

Wow, such detail. It's fantastic.

Trudy said...

love the cards

Joey said...

ooooh I must check this challenge out! love this playing card!!! i sent you a pm through dc hope you got it, theres an award on my blog for you too.x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...